Sep 6, 2011

just be...

My little man turned 6 today!  I'm not the sappy sentimental mom rocking the "Oh no... my baby is growing up... whatever shall I do?" stance...  I love that my kids are growing and exploring.  Not that I want them to grow up TOO fast (okay, there ARE days that I wish they might progress a tad bit in age and/or maturity).  I'm not into the whole  "I want another baby" thing, nor will I be. 
I thoroughly enjoy my kids... I really did love when they were babies, but I am so thankful that I am done with that part of our life.  Every age is a new adventure.

I enjoy watching them explore new things, helping them muster courage
 or being blown away when they strut around in their
{ Fearless Boots }
you know, the ones that they can do ANYTHING in and not have an iota of hesitation or fear
(in adults they are called "Stupid Jeans"
<yeah, you see what I did there, huh?!>

So, to my little man...

H A P P Y
B I R T H D A Y
 

Grow up at the right pace...
Be a good friend, but not a doormat
Be wise about your choices, but not afraid to take risks
Be courageous
Be bold
Be strong
Be tender
Be creative
Be inventive
Be a good man... 

But remember you will ALWAYS be my little boy






 







No comments:

Post a Comment